How sedation dentistry from South Miami can help your child
Your child deserves a comfortable dental visit, and you as a parent, want to make sure your child isn’t stressed out. It’s important to be relaxed yourself when you bring your child to visit the dentist, because your child will pick up on how you act.
Your dentists at South Miami Pediatric Dental Associates in South Miami, FL, want to share the facts about another important way to ensure a comfortable dental appointment. They want to help you discover what sedation dentistry can do for your child.
There are many advantages to sedation dentistry for your child. Consider that sedation dentistry:
- Allows your child to fully relax and forget about the appointment
- Provides a more comfortable experience for you too
- Allows your dentist to get more accomplished because your child is comfortable; this means less time out of your busy schedule and less anxiety about future appointments for your child.
There are several levels of sedation available, including:
- Oral conscious sedation, which allows your child to be slightly relaxed but able to answer questions; this sedation is usually in pill form which can be swallowed or dissolved under the tongue.
- Inhaled conscious sedation, which allows your child to be more deeply relaxed; this sedation is a combination of oxygen and nitrous oxide which your child will breathe in through a nosepiece. Inhaled conscious sedation can be combined with oral sedation to promote even deeper relaxation.
- Intravenous sedation, which allows your child to be deeply sedated or asleep; this sedation is liquid medication delivered through an IV tube into a vein. Effects are immediate and profound.
Dental sedation is a safe and comfortable way to ensure a great experience for your child. Your child doesn’t need to suffer the anxiety of a dental appointment or the potential for discomfort from needed dental treatment. For more information about dental anxiety and sedation treatment please visit the pediatric sedation page on the website at http://www.miamichildrensdentist.com/pediatric-sedation.html.
Don’t postpone your child’s necessary pediatric dental treatment. Call your dentists at South Miami Pediatric Dental Associates in South Miami, FL. Schedule a visit for your child by calling today!